Advantages of Buying Stock Springs
Stock springs provide several advantages and are available much quicker and more conveniently than custom springs. However, not all spring providers carry stock. The are several advantages to ordering stock springs with StockSpringsCatalog.com:
- You can easily find and select the stock spring you need. Our Spring Finder makes it easy to input the measurements you need or want your spring to have. Then, click “search” and get a list of all the springs that match that criteria.
- Accessible retail pricing. If you find more than one spring that might meet your needs but are unsure which to buy, our accessible prices and no minimum quantity allow you to select and buy a few springs of each or several different ones. This way, you are able to test similar springs with different force and elastic limits to pick the best design more efficiently.
- There is no minimum order quantity required. Instead, you just have to meet the minimum amount of $69 USD for the full order, no matter how many different springs you buy.
- Best option if you are in the testing or prototype phase. You can easily buy several sample prototype springs, so you can try them out and see which one best matches your needs. Unlike custom springs where you need to manufacture at least 10-25 of a single spring design.
- Very fast lead times. In many cases it takes just a couple days and no more than a week to get your stock spring. While lead times for custom springs are about 4 to 5 weeks.
- Buy small quantities. The best thing is that stock springs are an economic option and leave room for adjustments since you don't have to buy big batches of a single spring. You can try out several different ones and select the ones that work best. Use this to pin-point your dimensions to have the right custom spring made when you require larger quantities.
As you can see, stock springs are a great option for fast, reliable springs. Especially when you are in the beginning stages of developing your product and need to test out springs. Stock springs are also a great option for replacing old or worn-out springs when you need just a few and the fastest solution for when you need a standard spring FAST!
However, there are cases where a custom compression spring is a better option. Such as cases where your spring must fit into very unique applications and the dimensions required are very specific. Luckily, at StockSpringsCatalog.com we can offer both options to help you make the best choice for your specific situation. Contact us today at: (951) 276-2777 and learn about our special pricing and promotions.